Tuesday, October 2, 2007

And as many as were ordained


“And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed” {Acts 13 v 48}.

This word which our Almighty God has given to us goes without saying, that if people in this world are not chosen by God, then they cannot be saved. For by God’s grace we are saved through Christ Jesus, who is the gift of God.

Well you may say if this is the case, then how can God find fault with those who refuse to believe, for God has not chosen them. But what right have we to question God? He made some of us for eternal life, but not all, the Holy Scriptures says, that He has also made the wicked for the day of evil.

“The Lord hath made all things for himself; yea, even the wicked for the day of evil”. “Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? {Romans 9 v 21}. & {Proverbs 16 v 4}.

Jesus said, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you”. {John 15:16}.
Now the people whom God has chosen, He has decided to save them through the cross of Jesus, for it pleased God by the preaching of the gospel to save them that believe, that is why Jesus has told us that we must go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. “He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved; But he that believeth not shall be damned”. {St Mark 16 v 15&16}.

Well, you may say these are strong words that Jesus has spoken, but this is how it shall be. Let us always serve God acceptably with reverence and Godly fear, for our God is a consuming fire as the Bible says.

Let us never take His name or His word lightly, for today we hear of many people taking His Holy name in vain, and I am not speaking about people of the world. For we know that they are ignorant to God’s word and we expect nothing else from them. But when it comes to the church it gives me so much pain to hear of our Saviours name spoken of so irreverently, and jokes about passages in the Bible.

It must grieve the Holy Ghost so much, that He just walks away. Many times during services when they were in full swing, my wife and I have had to walk out, leaving them to their ignorance. Let us always be very sensitive to the presence of the Holy Ghost, for He is God.

If we want His powerful presence today to change lives we must always have reverence with Godly fear, for He has chosen us for salvation in Christ Jesus, and we are ordained to eternal life because we believe and we are chosen.

I thank the Lord always for you all, because God has chosen everyone of you for eternal life and I know that Jesus is praying for all of us who truly love Him and who try our very best to obey His Word. For Jesus said, “I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hath given me; for they are thine”. {St John 17 v 9}.

“According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love” {Ephesians 1 v 4}.

I need Thee, precious Saviour, I need Thee day by day, To fill me with Thy fullness,
To lead me on my way: I need Thy Holy Spirit To teach me what I am,
To show me more of Jesus, To point me to the Lamb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for the Blood of Jesus and The Holy Ghost. amen

Billy said...

God bless Dianna and your family