Friday, November 23, 2007

Living A Victorious Life


How do we live a victorious life in Christ Jesus? Now that we are saved we no longer want to do the things that we did in the past, but more than likely we find ourselves committing the same sins that Jesus delivered us from again, and we feel so defeated, our joy in the Lord disappears and our Christian walk becomes a continual struggle.

Well, the Word of God has the answer, we must remember that Jesus not only took all our sins upon the cross, and all our sicknesses, but also made provision for us to live the rest of our lives on earth victoriously.

Let me explain, if you find that you are doing things that you do not want to do because the flesh is weak, then cry out to Jesus, and make this your prayer, “Jesus, take this evil away from me, I cannot stop, my flesh is weak, but you are strong, my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak, for no longer I live, but you live in me, my life is crucified with you, and I cannot live without your grace in me. So you Lord Jesus break this sin that tries to make me obey it, and set me free, for if the Son shall make me free I shall be free indeed,” Amen.

Dear Loved Ones, we are not the first Christians to fail, but remember it is Christ’s faith, power and strength, yes, His grace that will get us through, call out to Him, because you cannot defeat sin or sickness in our own strength, the Bible says that the flesh profiteth nothing, it is the Spirit that giveth life, and the Spirit is Jesus, and it is Jesus that wants to reign in you, and give you the power to live victoriously.

The scriptures that we quote from the Bible are written for one reason and one reason only, and that is to point us to Christ, from Genesis to Revelation it cries Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. He was the answer for your salvation, and healing and He is the answer for you to live a good victorious Christian life. Jesus said, “without me ye can do nothing.” {St John 15 v 5}.

The Bible says in Philippians 1 v 6, “Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ,” which means that the Holy Ghost has called you in the beginning to accept Christ, and it is He that will bring us through to the time of Jesus return. For He is the Spirit of promise, and He is our guarantee that He will never ever leave us or forsake us.

Let us always remember that when we accepted Jesus as Saviour, the Bible says that our old life was crucified with Him on that cross at Calvary. But now we live, yet not ourselves but Christ liveth in us, and the life that we now live in the flesh, we live by the faith of the Son of God who loved us and gave His life for us.

My song shall be of Jesus; His mercy crowns my days, He fills my cup with blessings,
And tunes my heart to praise; My song shall be of Jesus, The precious Lamb of God,
Who gave Himself my ransom, And bought me with His blood.

No comments: