Saturday, October 20, 2007

Shield of Faith


“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench
all the fiery darts of the wicked”. {Ephesians 6 v16}.

Do you feel that you are under attack from many directions; you know health, finances, and family problems? Well, do not think that it is strange when you seem to be facing so many troubles, for many Christians who have lived this life before you have faced the same trials and tribulations. Yet they were always able to quench every fiery dart which came their way, by putting their faith in the name of Jesus and His redeeming blood.

Now I myself have been through some very bad times in my life. One particular time I recall when I lay in hospital on my back, unable to move, after a life-saving operation. I began to pray, pleading to the Lord for His mercy, through His name and precious blood.

When suddenly I began to pray in the spiritual gift of tongues, then immediately after this, I prayed the interpretation, you know as it is written in the Bible, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue,
my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also; I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also”. {1 Corinthians 14 v 14 & 15}.

Well, the interpretation goes as follows, “As you have encouraged others, so I encourage you, I will bring you through”. When the Lord Jesus said this to me, my soul rejoiced, and my heart was glad, and I knew that day within my spirit that Jesus would indeed bring me through.

When I think back and see how God has brought me through into full health, I remember the words of Jesus when He said to Simon, “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren”
{St Luke 22 v 31 & 32}.
Isn’t it good to know that Jesus is praying for us that our faith will not fail, no matter what fiery dart is fired at us. May we continue to put our faith in His name and precious blood, for Jesus is always with us and He will never forsake us.


No-one, no-one like my precious Saviour, No-one, no-one such a friend can be;
No-one, no-one like my precious Saviour, Glory, glory, Jesus cares for me.
There’s no-one like my Saviour, Come now, and find it’s true!
He gave His life a ransom, His blood was shed for you;
Then when we reach the city Of everlasting light,
We’ll sing with saints and angels, All Honour, Power and Might.

No comments: