Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The True Church


Persecutions of Christians can come in many forms and in different places. You do not have to be in Africa to suffer persecution, it happens right here on your doorstep.

There are many precious Christians here in the United Kingdom that have suffered at the hands of their countrymen, and also at their local churches. Some have suffered horrific persecutions from these so-called churches, who have mocked, embarrassed and excluded them from their local assembles because of their stand for Biblical truth. Also many of them have been abandoned because they have been too ill to attend church.

But thank the Lord that not all churches and fellowships are like that. For during my many years of walking with the Lord I have come to know believers who are the very salt of the earth. They radiate Christ’s compassion, love and mercy as they truly work the works of Christ on this earth.

They will stand by you when everyone else has deserted you, they will come to visit you when you are sick and pray for you fervently, that Jesus will strengthen and heal you. What a great encouragement some Christians are.

I am reminded of the words of our great Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, “For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me”.

Jesus said, “inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Thank God for the true Church. {St Matthew 25 v 35 - 40}

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake:
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. {St Matthew 5 v 10}.

No comments: