Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cornwall Visions and Dreams


In Cornwall visions and dreams and words of knowledge are common among the Cornish Christians. Many will testify of God’s speaking to them and showing them visions just like the early church experienced.

In my own family this was very prominent, my mother would tell me how she would hear angels singing praises to God as she walked in the fields, and my grandmother saw a vision of Jesus, walking down the corridor in hospital when she was very poorly. She soon began to recover after seeing Jesus.

When I was about twelve years of age, I experienced God in a very powerful way. I was coming home from school, it was about a mile walk to my farmhouse, and the clouds became very dark, then a hailstorm started to fall, stinging my face, lightening tore across the sky, it was like being on a battlefield.

I hid myself behind a garage wall for shelter, but then things became much worse. I saw in the sky a huge ball of fire with lightening coming out of it, and it was heading straight for me. I cried to God, “Oh God, Oh God, save me,” and then there was a huge explosion, as God blew it out of the sky before it could kill me.

I was very surprised to find that there was no hole in the ground, or any damage to the garage. I could hardly believe it, even though I had experienced it with my own eyes.

So, I asked the children who were on the bus with me, “did you see a ball of fire coming out of the sky last night when I got off the bus?” “Yes,” they replied, and also my mother saw the same ball of fire streaking across the sky.
How true is God’s Word when He says, “Call upon me in the day of trouble and I will deliver you.”

Also when I was about twelve years of age, I saw a vision of an angel, which glowed with a light which was brighter than the very sun itself. The light did not hurt my eyes, and the angel just stood there smiling at me. It appeared to me one night after I was very distraught, for I heard my mother and father saying that my sister was having an operation and they could loose her.

Well, my sister made a full recovery and now when I look back I can see that God sent one of His angels to reassure me. So you see, if it is needed God will send one of His angels to reassure you as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your innocence and faith kept you open to your blessed experience, and deliverance from the storm.

May we all be like children in spirit and purity, so that we can see with our spiritual eyes, what God wishes to show us.

blessings
marianne
http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/