Sunday, December 16, 2007

God’s will


Matthew 26:39, “Oh my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”

I will never forget the time of learning how I had to surrender my will to God. It was a time during those seven years of affliction, which plagued my life. It was a truly horrific time for my family and I.

I received many iron infusions, at Poole hospital, walking down those long corridors was near impossible for me to do because of my lack of breath. I really hated doing this, they would hook me up for a transfusion, the needle would cause severe bruising as it entered my veins. Many times leaning against the corridor walls, pale as a ghost, saying, “Lord, why do I have to do this, why don’t you give me more iron in my blood?”

Then one time I prayed “Well Lord, if you want me to do this, if this is your will for me to have these infusions, then I surrender to you.” That was the very last time that I needed any more iron in my blood, and my breath returned to me, and I never needed to return again for any more infusions, the Lord completely healed me, after saying “I surrender to you Lord.”All to Jesus I surrender all to Jesus I freely give.

Now Christ had to surrender His will to His Father completely, so that if we will surrender our lives to Him, and totally trust Him for all that He has accomplished on that cross, then healings and blessings will abound for us. For whatever comes our way we will have the victory, because Christ has the victory over all the powers of darkness.

Dear Christians, today you may say, “Why have I got to go through this trial,” as you cry unto the Lord. Well, I can say from experience that Jesus will be with you, and bring you out of that fiery furnace, just like He was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, and brought them out. You may be in a place where you just do not want to be, just like I was, now this will be a time for you to surrender your will to Christ, and say, “ Lord if it’s your will for me to go through this fiery furnace, then your will be done.” You can be assured of this that Jesus will bring you out just like He did for countless others who have put their trust in Him.

Sometimes through testing times I go, dark seems the way, and full of woe; but in the furnace though I be, my great Physician healeth me, Lord, I would spread this truth abroad, the mighty power of thy word; It’s just the same, the blind now see, and demons at thy presence flee, for sin and sickness doth depart, when thou doth reign within my heart; and I from all the curse am free, since Christ, my Saviour healeth me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy, this is a powerful truth. The Lord often does His most wonderful work within us as a result of our trials. Thanks for the reminder.

jaHnis said...

thank u for your post Mr. Billy. It is so liberating and touching. Honestly, when i read thru it. Tears fall down from mine eyes. Thank you for allowing God to use you to touch cold hearts like mine and share what u have and had. Keep posting and best wishes... thanks a lot