Tuesday, October 30, 2007

No Respecter of Persons


I was asked to preach in Bethel Pentecostal Church in Redruth Cornwall one very dark stormy night, the wind was blowing and it started to rain profusely {translated into Cornish, it was enting down}. I thought to myself no-one will turn up tonight, well maybe a few dedicated ones, and they did. That evening service I started to preach the word, about the dangers of fortune telling, when all of a sudden the back doors of the church burst open, and the church filled with gypsies, I was very surprised to see so many.

It was strange for me to preach to this type of people, because when I was a boy, I used to live on a farm, and about a half a mile away there were two gypsy camps. I did not get on well with them, they would often steal the halters off my horses, and pick fights with me, I confess I really did not like them.

But, the Lord showed me that night that He was no respecter of persons, I began to preach Jesus to them, and gave an alter call, six of them gave their lives to Jesus that night. One young man was crying because he wanted to be saved, then he too gave his heart to Jesus with great joy. After the service, a gypsy man came and shook my hand and thanked me for the Lord’s word. God certainly showed me that I should not be a respecter of persons, praise God.

No comments: